Become a Clutch Fitness member, Register today!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Clutch Fitness > Supplementation > Anabolics and Prohormones » Torem vs. Nolva or Clomid

Notices

Anabolics and Prohormones Discussions relating to anabolic steroids, prohormones, and related topics.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
Fireproof
The Chief

Friends: (64)
Referrals: 36
Default Torem vs. Nolva or Clomid

Torem is getting a lot of attention these days. Ran across the short article about torem potentially having less sides. But BBers have used nolva and clomid for YEARS with good success and as they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Any comments?

Quote:
Fareston

Chemical Name: Toremifene Citrate
Drug Class: Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator

Fareston is a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM), not unlike its more popular cousins Nolvadex and Clomid. Just as we see with Nolvadex, Fareston is used to treat breast cancer in post-menopausal women. It does this by exerting estrogen antagonistic effects in certain tissue, most notably, breast tissue. This is actually the same mechanism of action found in Nolvadex. This is why Nolvadex is often recommended to bodybuilders who are trying to avoid gynocomastia (growth of breast tissue in males). SERMs, in addition, have several other well known effects in men, which are not simply limited to preventing the abnormal growth of breast tissue.

At the hypothalamus and pituitary, estrogen acts in cooperation with the male bodyís negative feedback loop to send a signal to decrease the secretion of LH, and when LH secretion is lowered, so are natural testosterone levels. SERMs, like Fareston, possibly act as an estrogen antagonist in the hypothalamus and pituitary, in order to increase testosterone production. Thus, although it hasnít been studied to any great degree, itís highly likely that Fareston is capable of increasing testosterone in the same way that Nolvadex it, as itís androgenicity:estrogenicity ratio is 5x that of Nolvadex(1). It may also be better than Nolvadex for reasons that are of particular interest to steroid using athletes and bodybuilders.

Fareston differs from Nolvadex in several ways, however- even though itís very similar to it in others. Firstly, the risk of certain side effects (although relatively rare with Nolvadex) is actually quite a bit lower with Fareston.However unlikely these risks are in the first place, the risk of stroke, pulmonary embolism, and cataract is probably lower with Fareston than with Nolvadex. This is going to be of interest to people who have issues with ďfloatersĒ in their vision, which is sometimes caused by Nolvadex and Clomid, as this product may represent significantly less occular toxicity. It also differs slightly from Nolvadex in its potent with regards to improving lipid (cholesterol) profiles. In terms of improving bone mineral density, Fareston is roughly equal to Nolvadex.(2)

Although anecdotal evidence on this compound is rare, bodybuilders who have already experimented with this stuff seem satisfied. In my estimation, it would seem to be a more potent and safer alternative to Nolvadex, for those who are worried about side effects. Iím also predicting that it may provide a greater increase in LH and therefore testosterone levels, in men when compared to Nolvadex (when an appropriate dose of each is utilized). This makes its use a strong possibility for PCT in the future, when studies on its ability to elevate testosterone is more fully studied and understood.

Fareston would also make a welcome addition to a cycle where Cholesterol issues may be a concern, or where something slightly stronger than Nolvadex may be required to prevent gyno.

References:

1. Breast Cancer Re Treat. 1990 Aug;16 Suppl:S3-7. Introduction to toremifene. Kangas L.

2. Breast 2006 Apr;15(2):142-57. Epub 2005 Nov 9.Toremifene: An evaluation of its safety profile. Harvey HA, Kimura , MHajba A

Current Phase: De-fatting
Training and Diet Secrets!
Fireproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
Little Big Guy
Lightweight

Friends: (14)
Referrals: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireproof View Post

Any comments?
Arimidex (if needed) during, nolva and clomid p.c.t.

I'm with the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" crowd.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
mrdiode
Lightweight

Friends: (0)
Referrals: 0

Toremifene is much more effective.

This article has been thoroughly disseminated over at AM..
mrdiode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #4
VTliftVT
Lightweight

I have had GREAT resultes running serms post cycle. My choice is aromasin due to the fact there is no estro rebound.
VTliftVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
Fireproof
The Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTliftVT View Post
I have had GREAT resultes running serms post cycle. My choice is aromasin due to the fact there is no estro rebound.
Aromasin is actually an AI (aromatase inhibitor), not a SERM.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
todkbear

Has anyone ever used innovative to order torem? $27 for 30ml seems almost too cheap makes me think twice
todkbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:53 AM   #7
Fireproof
The Chief

I have not, but I've heard favorable things.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #8
phaser

hi i dont know whether it me been paranoid but im thinking of trying nolvadex to tighten my nipple area a bit more and i was wondering if anyone knew if the drug would ware off after coming off it for sometime or will your chest stay the same? Thanks
phaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #9
jmillz

phaser, if you think you have a mild case of gyno then the only thing ive ever heard of that might help would be a course of letro. Do you think you actually have gyno or are you just holding some fat in that area?
jmillz is offline   Reply With Quote