Become a Clutch Fitness member, Register today!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Notices

Bodybuilding & General Training Bodybuilding and other general training (general fitness, MMA, HIIT, cardio...) discussions, advice, tips, etc

Old 03-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
deadliftsmith
Heavyweight

Friends: (13)
Referrals: 1
Default Ups and Downs of Being Big

This video of mine has gotten plenty of response. What is your response?

deadliftsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Darkhorse
Distance Trainer

Friends: (46)
Referrals: 17

Great insight Ryan! Back when I was 254 lbs DC training I literally felt as though I was eating one 14 hour meal lol. What's sad about the people that put on the adipose is that THEIR food choices are a thousand calories per serving along with a large Pepsi to wash it down. Even with a lot of exercise it's a losing situation.

For all training inquiries PM me.
Darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
deadliftsmith
Heavyweight

Friends: (13)
Referrals: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
Great insight Ryan! Back when I was 254 lbs DC training I literally felt as though I was eating one 14 hour meal lol. What's sad about the people that put on the adipose is that THEIR food choices are a thousand calories per serving along with a large Pepsi to wash it down. Even with a lot of exercise it's a losing situation.
True, they are eating a ton. However, it would still be advantageous for them to get on that weight lifting train!

They get the two fold effect of the calories burned doing the actual work + the increase in the TDEE as a result of carrying more muscle. Two good things for just a few hours per week of work.

Seems hard to believe people can't handle that, doesn't it?
deadliftsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

Friends: (12)
Referrals: 3

eat clean 85-90% the time and strength train/be active is pretty much the ingreidents to stay lean and strong.

weight comes on really slow for me too at this point. even though im only 205, my startihgt weight was 140 and im only 5'8''... i would have to do some crazy ish to get the scale moving again and to be honest, weight lifting would have to define me with all the work i would have to do to get there, and weight lifting, doesnt define me. all too often i see people make the same mistake i had at one point and that's living to lift