Become a Clutch Fitness member, Register today!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Notices

Powerlifting & Strongman Training Training advice, equipment, accessories, contests, and discussions pertaining to powerlifting and strongman

Old 03-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Darkhorse
Distance Trainer

Friends: (46)
Referrals: 17
Default Roguefitness

Just picked up a few more training goodies through this site. Very good price points on top tier quality equipment. Picking up a heavy sandbag, speed rope (broke world record), abs mat, and maybe some grandfather grip whachamacallits for my pullups to work on my grip.

The more I hammer my conditioning, the more ideas I get an the more time I'm spending in my backyard or neighborhood park. Seems to be he natural progression in this game. I'm still on the fence getting a pair of gymnastic rings, which IMHO is a more versatile option vs Elitefts blast straps.

For all training inquiries PM me.
Darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
kram
Lightweight

Friends: (4)
Referrals: 0

Just got the ultra speed rope from them today & used it for the first time. MUCH faster than the cheapy I was using from WallyWorld. Gonna take a little getting used to tho & I gotta shorten it up a bit. I want to get the SR-1 rope they have, but it's been out of stock.
kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
Darkhorse
Distance Trainer

I needed a faster one to start doing double unders. There's several things I'm going to pick up there.. That's for sure!

Old 03-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
Nic
Back To School

Friends: (14)
Referrals: 2

I have been looking for a decent one for myself. $15 shipped seems decent. I would imagine replacement cable could be bought at the hardware store.

Last edited by Nic; 03-28-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
Darkhorse
Distance Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic View Post
I have been looking for a decent one for myself. $15 shipped seems decent. I would imagine replacement cable could be bought at the hardware store.
Yeah, I'm loving this store. Next up is a pair of rings for dips, pullups, pushups, and muscle ups. Say what you will about crossfit, but for guys like me that think outside the box, it's a fantastic inclusion as a part of a strength program. Not AS the program, but I can take a regular strength session and augment it with some of the exercises and/or use postworkout metacons finishers. I'm in the best shape of my life right now hammering the strength workout followed by these finishers. I also can do quite a bit with these on off days as well such as 50 meter swim sprints, and after each sprint I get out and do a set of 25 air squats, pushups, 4 count alternating leg lifts, ect.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
Kryptic
It's on my "Unimportant Things to-do" List.

Friends: (19)
Referrals: 5

The only concern I have is the length of the speed rope. The rope I have now feels a little too short.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
Nic
Back To School

Just get some clothes line cable and replace it.
Posted via Clutch Mobile
Old 04-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #8
Darkhorse
Distance Trainer

I'll be getting my abs mat and speed rope tomorrow. REALLY looking forward to seeing how the rope performs. My current rope is great for my needs, but I'm in the market for incorporating double unders as part of my WOD's moving forward.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #9
Nic
Back To School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
I'll be getting my abs mat and speed rope tomorrow. REALLY looking forward to seeing how the rope performs. My current rope is great for my needs, but I'm in the market for incorporating double unders as part of my WOD's moving forward.
Let me know what you think of the rope. I am debating if I should hold off for the SR-1 to come back in or just purchase the cheaper one.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #10
kram
Lightweight

Friends: (4)
Referrals: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic View Post
Let me know what you think of the rope. I am debating if I should hold off for the SR-1 to come back in or just purchase the cheaper one.
I got the same one as Dan (wanted the SR-1 as well, but keeps going OOS). So far, I like it, but it's MUCH lighter & faster than my previous rope so I'm having trouble keeping rhythm for any length of time...some days are better than others. Overall, it's a fast rope, easily adjustable, easy to double-under & worth the $15. With that said, I still want to get me an SR-1.
kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:10 PM   #11
Nic
Back To School

Just an FYI the SR-1 is in stock..........picked one up!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #12
Darkhorse
Distance Trainer

I got the cheapest one on the site and I still don't like it. I think the rope is just too light to really go at warp speed (mine doesn't have a protective coating). I might line the middle of it with a few rolls of some duct tape and see if that helps. I still much prefer my speed rope that's a lot heavier.. But here again, I haven't given this particular rope a lot of tries yet.

The abs mat I believe is an absolute MUST HAVE for core work! Every rep gets a nice stretch and you can tell there's full recruitment in my abdominals with each rep. I can't recommend something this simple enough and you can use it for a wide variety of things.

Next purchase for me might be the grandfather handles for pull-ups so I can continue working on grip strength (a hobby of mine LOL). The other obvious choice I have is a heavy sandbag as they look like top quality pieces of equipment that I just can't simulate (turkish get-ups, thrusters, and so on). I tried my old seabag and it's not working LOL! Plus it appears to fit inside my ruck sack I took from the USMC for my hikes that I'm going to start employing.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
Nic
Back To School

I got the SR-1 a week ago and I find the rope to be a bit light as well. I keep going back to my cheap $3 golds gym rope from Wal-Mart. I might try and ad some weight to the middle of the SR-1. I really like how smooth it spins but I kind of like a heavier rope.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
mikestew
Middleweight

Friends: (0)
Referrals: 1

Anyone have experience with their barbells? My wife and I are going to build a home gym when we move in a few months, and I'm consiering buying one of their bars. I'd like to get a cost effective bar with enough spin and enough flexibility to hammer on with squats and olympic lifts.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #15
Darkhorse
Distance Trainer

Not directly, but I recommend you first try local ads or Craigslist and see if there's anything going on in your immediate area dirt cheap. I've got quite a list of stuff from local high schools selling everything off and garage sales.