Become a Clutch Fitness member, Register today!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Clutch Fitness > Supplementation > Supplement Reviews/Logs » "New" Muscle Pharm Assault

Notices

Supplement Reviews/Logs Member reviews, experiences, and logs on popular supplements

Old 02-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Karmatix
Lightweight

Friends: (0)
Referrals: 0
Default "New" Muscle Pharm Assault

I say new, because of the new packaging. Not sure if there's really anything else new about it, haven't tried it before. I've seen they actually won awards last year or the year before for "Best Packaging", and a bunch of other crap. That green is pretty damn eye catching though. Anyways, not here to talk about what the thing looks like... so let's get to it.

I'm personally not a huge fan of pre-workout stims, I've been sticking with regular ol' creatine and BA for quite a while... buuuut, I decided it's time to spice things up a bit. Of course they have all the same claims as all the other companies, "intense workouts of ball-blasting, ab-shredding, bar-breaking, pr-setting amazingness!!!" blah blah blah. The only thing that seems to set these guys apart, is A. the packaging and B. they are the "official UFC supp company". So, of course before trying this out... I'm honestly not too impressed by their silly marketing ploys.

I bought this stuff last week, used it for 4 workouts now... and damn, this stuff is the shit. I will start by saying the taste is f'n AMAZING. I feel with most supps like this, you really gotta plug your nose and pound the shit down... not with Assault. The flavor I purchased is Blue Arctic Raspberry, and yeah, tase is great. Doesn't really taste like raspberry though, more of a sour-ish cotton candy.

Another problem I have ran into with pre-workout stims, is they never seem to mix well. First time I used Assault, I mixed it up in a cup with a spoon, and it actually mixed fairly well. Obviously it's a lot better in a shaker or water bottle, but if you dont have access to one, don't worry. To be honest, even if this stuff didn't mix that well, you prolly wouldn't care. Even the little clumps taste good (although a bit sour) haha.

So on to the workouts... took about 20 mins to really start feeling it, which seems to be pretty normal. It's not an incredibly intense feeling, but it's definitely there. Got a nice tingle from the BA, and all the other stuff you would expect from a pre-workout stim. Great focus, great energy, all of the above. For those of you who look for the whole "pump" aspect, it's definitely there as well... but not super dominant. I will say this stuff is a bit "burpy" if you know what I'm mean. For the first 30 mins or so of my workout I've been experiencing some burpage. No biggy, that seems to be a common thing anyways. This stuff definitely lasts for quite a while. My workouts have been lasting about 2 hours now, and I'm still feeling the effects after leaving the gym (mind you I've been using a whole scoop). Also, I've noticed with a couple other pre-workout supps I've tried, there seems to be a "crash" afterwards. Like coming down from a sugar high. Haven't experienced that at all with Assault. Overall, seems to be a nice, clean energy supp. I have had some problems falling asleep and staying asleep afterwards... I train after work, and usually make it to the gym between 5:30 and 6. Although, my "quality" of sleep does seem to have gone up, which really makes no sense and could be related to something completely different. Who knows.

So, would I reccomend this product? Absolutely.
Would I buy it again? You bet your sweet ass.

I'm gonna have to give this stuff 9/10 only because of the trouble sleeping.
Karmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Hayden
Lightweight

LOVE pre workout stims !

I would be willing to give this a try. I have used Re-con post workout, and i throw it up each time i drink it. I think its just my body, i tend to be more sensitive but im fine with pre workout stims ??? (Makes me lol sometimes)

Thanks for the post !!!
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Ozz
Detroit Muscle

Friends: (24)
Referrals: 11

Quote:
"official UFC supp company"
That's just about enough to make me not want to try it

Anyway, have you tried Nutrex Hemo Rage before?
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
leveraged_buyout
Lightweight

I've tried Assault before, it was alright. It's not as stimmy as some other PWOs.

@Ozz: Hemo Rage UC is super stimmy! My heart was racing and I sweated like a mofo, and that was while driving to the gym...
leveraged_buyout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
LOVE pre workout stims !

I would be willing to give this a try. I have used Re-con post workout, and i throw it up each time i drink it. I think its just my body, i tend to be more sensitive but im fine with pre workout stims ??? (Makes me lol sometimes)

Thanks for the post !!!
lol weird. i had that problem with ON's pre-load complex a few times... not til after my workout though.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post

hahaha i know right? they gotta get all the mohawked teens to try it somehow though. tbh, the only reason i even walked back to see what it was, was because i could see the green all the way in the back as soon as i walked in the door at the vitamin shoppe... and it just happened to be on sale. Normal price was like $2 more than NO Xplode, so i probably wouldn't have tried it had it not been on sale.

Nope, not yet... been wanting to since you wrote that review a while back. i might have to pick some up when i'm through with this stuff though.

I've also been hearing a lot of good things about Cellucor's C4. So i think my decision will be between those two. anyone tried C4 yet??
Old 03-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by leveraged_buyout View Post
I've tried Assault before, it was alright. It's not as stimmy as some other PWOs.

@Ozz: Hemo Rage UC is super stimmy! My heart was racing and I sweated like a mofo, and that was while driving to the gym...
yeah, it's definitely not a "punch you in the face" stim. but it gets the job done. i was gettin kinda tired of the teaspoon of creatine in a glass of water and BA caps every day.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #8
Ozz
Detroit Muscle

Hmmmm. I'm looking for a punch-you-in-the-face stim that doesn't keep my mind stimulated for hours afterward. It sucks lifting around 6-6:30pm and having a tough time falling asleep at midnight.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quote:
Hmmmm. I'm looking for a punch-you-in-the-face stim that doesn't keep my mind stimulated for hours afterward. It sucks lifting around 6-6:30pm and having a tough time falling asleep at midnight.
Well... I probably wouldn't recommend Assault then. I mean, it's got the intense factor for sure. I get all antsy and "anxious" from it, and have been a lot more excited about my time in the gym, I don't get fatigued really at all, and feel like spending all night there. But, I'm not like bouncin off the walls from it, doesn't really give me hardcore jitters or anything. And, like I said, it definitely keeps me up at night. I remember you saying you train around 6pm, which is about the same time I train... and I definitely have trouble falling asleep. That's the main reason I stopped taking stims... wasn't sleeping enough. It kinda seems to be a tradeoff with stuff like this. Either it's not intense enough, or it keeps me up. Lately, I haven't really given a shit about being up til 12, I still get 7 hours of sleep and I'm able to catch up on my missed sleep over the weekends. Buuuuut, if you're looking around for a new stim... and can find Assault on sale, it may be worth a try. Everyone seems to get at least slightly different effects from things, so who knows, maybe it won't keep you up?
Old 03-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
Ozz
Detroit Muscle

I may give it a shot, I'll look for it when I order protein next time. I go to bed between 12-1 anyway but it sucks having to lay there for an hour before I finally conk out.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
Hayden
Lightweight

Quote:

I picked up a sample of the Hemo Rage Black, but not the ultra black ( i think ). I really liked the sample and the price is pretty nice. Just need to knock out my NO Shotgun and i plan on switching. I read the reivew on Hemo Rage Black Ultra, I got to say, im really wanting to give it a try.

I have also been reading into Infinite Labs Juggernaut http://www.infinitelabs.com/store/Ju...e-Workout.html
and Infinite Labs makes a sleep aid Cyclo Rem GF & Cyclo-Rem (http://www.infinitelabs.com/store/sleep-aids/)

Last edited by Hayden; 03-02-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
Karmatix
Lightweight

might as well. usually doesn't hurt to try new things lol. yeah, I usually try to go to sleep around 10:30 - 11 when I don't have homework and lay there for at least an hour.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #13
Ozz
Detroit Muscle

I'm pretty tough to get stimmed up, I used to be taking 2-3 scoops of NO Xplode years ago when it was the best thing out. I was lifting then mostly around 4pm though, and went to bed around 11-12. Never had sleep problems with it. The Hemo Rage Ultra Concentrated gives me a great mental feeling but it just has too much staying power. I find if I force myself to stay up an extra 30-60 minutes I fall asleep more easily though. I'd rather deal w/that than dragging ass in the gym all night.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #14
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
I picked up a sample of the Hemo Rage Black, but not the ultra black ( i think ). I really liked the sample and the price is pretty nice. Just need to knock out my NO Shotgun and i plan on switching. I read the reivew on Hemo Rage Black Ultra, I got to say, im really wanting to give it a try.

I have also been reading into Infinite Labs Juggernaut http://www.infinitelabs.com/store/Ju...e-Workout.html
and Infinite Labs makes a sleep aid Cyclo Rem GF & Cyclo-Rem (http://www.infinitelabs.com/store/sleep-aids/)
if you're gonna do a sleep aid supp, use melatonin.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #15
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quote:
I'm pretty tough to get stimmed up, I used to be taking 2-3 scoops of NO Xplode years ago when it was the best thing out. I was lifting then mostly around 4pm though, and went to bed around 11-12. Never had sleep problems with it. The Hemo Rage Ultra Concentrated gives me a great mental feeling but it just has too much staying power. I find if I force myself to stay up an extra 30-60 minutes I fall asleep more easily though. I'd rather deal w/that than dragging ass in the gym all night.
i used to be the same way, back when i consumed mass quantities of caffeine. now i guess i'm just a cheap date
Old 03-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #16
Ozz
Detroit Muscle

Me too, I just drink water
Old 03-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #17
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quote:
Me too, I just drink water

i mostly drink water. i am at the "party" age though...
Old 03-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #18
leveraged_buyout
Lightweight

Ozz, have you tried Neurocore? I tried it when it first came out and thought that it was pretty damn good. Nice clean energy, but no jitters or "damn, is this a heart attack" sort of feeling. See if you can score yourself a sample.
leveraged_buyout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #19
floods
ἐξαιρέω

Friends: (36)
Referrals: 1

Bought some of this the other day and tried it out today. I'm going to wait a bit before I form an opinion, today wasn't a great test.

What dose are you using? Full scoop or half?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #20
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by floods View Post
Bought some of this the other day and tried it out today. I'm going to wait a bit before I form an opinion, today wasn't a great test.

What dose are you using? Full scoop or half?

I use a full scoop on "real" training days. If I just go do some cardio and minor lifting I usually use about a half.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #21
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quick little update on this stuff:

It's been almost a month of using it, still quite a few servings left. Still pretty much getting the full effect from it, though my body has seemed to kinda get used to it I guess. Not really getting that super anxious feeling from it anymore, but definitely still gets me amped. Also, on a major note, the whole not falling asleep thing has seemingly subsided. Lately I haven't been having any trouble falling asleep which is very nice. I think my body didn't really know how to handle it at first since I don't drink any caffeine or anything. Maybe a bit of a shock randomly starting a stim? Who knows.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #22
floods
ἐξαιρέω

Friends: (36)
Referrals: 1

Been using the 1/2 dose and like it. It's got a nice balance of stimulant and nootropic-feeling. Full dose weirds me out.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #23
mjc565
Team Lucharilla

tried this today, only with 1/2 scoop, and it really dialed me in...all I thought about was hitting the weights. having an empty gym helped too
mjc565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #24
Ozz
Detroit Muscle

nice!
Old 03-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #25
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by floods View Post
Been using the 1/2 dose and like it. It's got a nice balance of stimulant and nootropic-feeling. Full dose weirds me out.

Awesome! Yeah, when I first picked it up I went right to the full scoop and it definitely gave me a real anxious weird feeling.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #26
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc565 View Post
tried this today, only with 1/2 scoop, and it really dialed me in...all I thought about was hitting the weights. having an empty gym helped too
Empty gym on a Monday?? Man, must be nice haha
Old 03-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #27
mjc565
Team Lucharilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmatix View Post
Empty gym on a Monday?? Man, must be nice haha
My days are Tues/Thurs and Saturday, and I always go around 10 or 11am. I'm still in college so rarely any kids are in the gym during those times. I once went at 8am and it was completely empty...

Once it hits 7~9pm shit goes wild especially on Mondays when it's national bench day LOL.
mjc565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #28
eccy
Team Lucharilla

Friends: (1)

god I hate international bench day lol. I love how as the week progresses the amount of people always trails off.
eccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #29
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc565 View Post
Once it hits 7~9pm shit goes wild especially on Mondays when it's national bench day LOL.
Gotta love national bench day
Old 03-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #30
Karmatix
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccy View Post
god I hate international bench day lol. I love how as the week progresses the amount of people always trails off.
You and me both. By Friday it seems to be pretty much empty, even most of the regulars don't show up.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #31
Karmatix
Lightweight

Welp, finished my tub of this off on Friday. Still satisfied with the product overall, but I've decided to try Hemo Rage Ultra due to price... and of course Ozz's write up may have had a little bit to do with the persuasion

Gonna run a week of mid to high reps with no pre stim, might take next week completely off, then back at it!