Become a Clutch Fitness member, Register today!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Clutch Fitness > General Forums > Miscellaneous Musings » Iran = The new Iraq

Notices

Miscellaneous Musings Almost anything goes

Old 02-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #26
Kryptic
It's on my "Unimportant Things to-do" List.

Friends: (19)
Referrals: 5

I'll just put this here...

Old 02-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #27
KGM
Lightweight

Friends: (2)
Referrals: 0

lol. Ignorance IS bliss. Don't piss on my happiness.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #28
eccy
Team Lucharilla

Friends: (1)

In regards to utilizing spec ops and who ever believes it cant work... if it would work in Iran or not I have no idea but it has worked quite effectively elsewhere but also under different circumstances then Iran would be.

We've quietly been doing it in the Philippines since 2001. Train and support the local military and let them win there own "war on terror". To date we've had less then 20 US casualties (11 I want to say but not 100%). And you really can't even compare spending for less than 1000 personnel here to the ungodly amounts of money dumped in Iraq/Afghan. So can the spec ops thing work yes but circumstances may very well limit how its implemented and how effective it is.

Just a link with some info about whats going on here. Few years old but most dont even know were here. I tell people I'm deployed here and they always ask if I meant stationed haha.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39444744...e-philippines/
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/02...iref=allsearch
eccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #29
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

Friends: (12)
Referrals: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccy View Post
In regards to utilizing spec ops and who ever believes it cant work... if it would work in Iran or not I have no idea but it has worked quite effectively elsewhere but also under different circumstances then Iran would be.

We've quietly been doing it in the Philippines since 2001. Train and support the local military and let them win there own "war on terror". To date we've had less then 20 US casualties (11 I want to say but not 100%). And you really can't even compare spending for less than 1000 personnel here to the ungodly amounts of money dumped in Iraq/Afghan. So can the spec ops thing work yes but circumstances may very well limit how its implemented and how effective it is.

Just a link with some info about whats going on here. Few years old but most dont even know were here. I tell people I'm deployed here and they always ask if I meant stationed haha.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39444744...e-philippines/
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/02...iref=allsearch
kryptic i had to LOL at that photo , it's great. you know what he says so much shit that just makes total sense and the media/other candidates just scoff as if he has a lobster crawling out of his ear... THere's just to much truth to that post

eccy - Your'e right in that sense as far as money and casualties are concerned it would be cheaper...But I don't think that's what the military wants. The defense contracts, the reserach and development, etc all want wars and big budgets. For example, one of our plane manufacturers has plants in 43 states. Now if a politician wants to cut spending for a plane that we don't need then theres an ad coming out calling out each congressmen that is in favor of "cutting US jobs." Defending our freedom or holding us hostage... I think the military is just a big business, defense companies have spent lots of money lobbying just like big pharm/oil... Special ops here and there would be nice, but hard to keep a 700B yearly budget going if that's all you need.

I already think there are special ops going on in Iran anyway as they have had nuclear scientists killed as I have mentioned earlier on...But again, it only benefits Israel, and quite frankly who really gives a shit about israel and their holy war with the muslims? IMO, the politicians who get a piece of the 4B we give Israel the year, and the strong Jewish influence here... so we have a f-ed up foreign policy to benefit the jews who are about 10% of our pop..

The funniest thing is when the miltary tries to make it sound like Iran is ohhh so close to creating a missle that can reach the US...kinda like North Korea ....except they forgot to mention it would take 72 hours to setup and we could wipe it off the map before it would get close to launching...or when Herman Cain said China was a threat because they were trying to develop nuclear capabilities (Hey welcome to 1960 u jackass lol!!)
Old 02-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #30
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

http://defense.aol.com/2012/02/15/do...est=latestnews

550 million dollar bomber planes.... anyone wonder why we are in debt? Because of our "defense" needs to bomb a couple of sheep herders suspected of wanting to blow up the US.....55 billion dollars all wasted on an airplane...

Honestly, I'm so mad, I hope Iran fast tracks it's nuclear program and their own air defense and shoots down all of our stupid drones and 55 billion dollar airplaes ... It's either that or watch this country go bankrupt because of it and I rather see the former

Last edited by JoeD; 02-17-2012 at 06:23 PM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #31
Kryptic
It's on my "Unimportant Things to-do" List.

Friends: (19)
Referrals: 5

If the American people are too busy either cheering on our military or complaining about the war, they will be too busy to see how badly we are getting fleeced in our own boarders ... by our own elected officials.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:54 AM   #32
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

i probably shouldnt be reading this stuff , it gets me too fired up and i lose my tranqility. but holy crap we are 14 T in debt and we are going to spend .5 T on stealth bombers. My jaw literally dropped when I read this today
Old 03-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #33
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

The genius from our military just doesn't stop.... As they continue to threaten Iran the price of oil keeps going up and up WHICH BENEFITS IRAN, and SENDS OUR GAS PRICES SKY ROCKETING!!!!! All because we want to be in Israel's corner, a country of 4 million people. So they are making Iran richer, and the US poorer, ALL at the same time.. The purpose of the military is to DEFEND the citizens and it hasn't done that since World War II.

If we go to war with Iran, watch gas prices go to 5 dollars a gallon all because of Israel... Again, a country of 4 million hurting a country of 600 million... This is another eason why the GOP has NO SHOT AT ALL of winning the election, all these morons want war (except Ron paul).
Old 03-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #34
eccy
Team Lucharilla

JoeD,
Not 100% on this one but didn't we boycott all Iranian products a few years back? I would assume that included oil as well. Any knowledge on this?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #35
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

I believe we did put sanctions on Iran I believe England and France just did...But again, Iran just laughed and said "OK fine, we'll sell the oil to China/India." So again, all it did was shoot up Europe already high gas prices .. The hilarious part about it was England and France said they were going to put sanctions on Iran in July Iran said OK, we'll just cut you off from oil NOW.

DId anyone hear McCain speak the other day? He wants to bomb Syria... He wanted to go to war with Iran, Syria, Libya Iraq AND Afghanistan in the past 10 years. To me, he's just as much as a terrorist than any al qaeda member.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #36
eccy
Team Lucharilla

Anyone see the endless posts about the Sudan stuff all over facebook? People watch a single video think "oh gee thats a bad guy we should do something".... funny that no ones noticed or said a peep for the PAST 30 YEARS WHILE HES BEEN DOING IT!!!! The average Americans cluelessness with regards to the international world astounds me.... Wish Ron Paul would win...
Old 03-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #37
KGM
Lightweight

Friends: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
I believe we did put sanctions on Iran I believe England and France just did...But again, Iran just laughed and said "OK fine, we'll sell the oil to China/India." So again, all it did was shoot up Europe already high gas prices .. The hilarious part about it was England and France said they were going to put sanctions on Iran in July Iran said OK, we'll just cut you off from oil NOW.

DId anyone hear McCain speak the other day? He wants to bomb Syria... He wanted to go to war with Iran, Syria, Libya Iraq AND Afghanistan in the past 10 years. To me, he's just as much as a terrorist than any al qaeda member.
Great post Joe. The end is getting nearer and nearer every day. So Syria and Iran are the (obv) next targets. I wonder how long and what kind of false info they will use to justify killing off those (innocent) people.