Become a Clutch Fitness member, Register today!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Clutch Fitness > General Forums > Miscellaneous Musings » Iran = The new Iraq

Notices

Miscellaneous Musings Almost anything goes

Old 02-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

Friends: (12)
Referrals: 3
Default Iran = The new Iraq

Same old story for the war mongering politicians/military. Make a really small country that doesn't even have 1 100th the military power we do sound like they are a huge global threat..If we start another trillion dollar war in the middle-east I think im going to join the pessimistic doomsdaying crowd in thinking there is no saving this country. Military special interest groups and big businesses are running wild to the benefit of the few at the expense of the majority.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
Ozz
Detroit Muscle

Friends: (24)
Referrals: 11

Sadly I don't think anything is going to change without some sort of revolt...
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Darkhorse
Distance Trainer

Friends: (48)
Referrals: 17

Man, those are some serious rugged terrain out there to be hiking with a full combat load! I had another 150 lbs plus on me between the Kevlar vests, grenade launcher rounds, my M203, pack, PLUS all my MOPP gear (charcoal suits). **** that shit. My buddies and I were talking about that when we were fighting in Iraq. Iraq was completely flat with next to no vegetation aside from the fertile crescent (which was something I'll never forget!)..

I ****ing hate politics. What we see today is NOT what the founding father's had in mind IMHO. The problem with what's going on today is that we only get bits and pieces of information trickled down from the waterfall. That creates perceptions that push us away from the truth. I personally think the world is a better place without Saddam and I'm happy to have suffered and done my part (regardless of the reasons for deployment). Right now we're in a tough position IMO in that we're flat broke and the more our government thinks it's okay to just 'print more money', the lower the value of the dollar will become. This is common sense to me. As far as Iran goes, the world's better off without another nuclear threat, especially considering their views on Israel. That puts us in a bad position as we're friends with them. Even if we bomb them to oblivion, do you guys know how much each bomb costs?? The numbers are staggering.

Here's the truth as I know it. Back in the 20th century, we were the biggest superpower on Earth. That's well beyond dispute. Nowadays, there's quite a few superpowers now China, ect. There's places like Brazil that has a billion dollar surplus (not trying to be accurate here but just to put the point out there) and other places that are growing exponentially whereas we're going backwards with countries like China holding most of our debt. My point is when I keep hearing people in politics saying they'll "Restore America back to where it used to be", that's not true because of the times we're living in. We'll never be the only dominant power. We have to start playing ball with all these other countries....

For all training inquiries PM me.
Darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
KGM
Lightweight

Friends: (2)
Referrals: 0

The problem is that there is an agenda. The problem is that the public is lied to. The problem is the public steps right up with open mouth to be fed these lies.

Cut and dry-the military is there to DEFEND. Once you take the military elsewhere you are being the aggressor(or I could use the multi media catch phrase-terrorists). The idea of "eminent threat" is BS. The policies of the big nations is highly hypocritical and two faced.

In the case of Iran, sure I agree nations can say they should not get into nuclear energy. I even agree with cutting off trade. But to use military force is simply wrong.
"oh but they COULD weaponize and make missiles". So with that logic it is ok for me to bum rush my neighbors house and kill all inside and leave it aflame simply because he purchased 3 hunting rifles? I was in imminent danger. At any point they could use these weapons against me. Anyone see the parallel?

Speaking of China, the following is my favorite analogy when talking this stuff. Let's say China decides the US is making WMD.... well truth of the matter is the US IS. Let's say they want to come to all sites THEY deem are a threat and check out what is going on, to make sure they won't be put in danger in the future. That won't happen so what happens(ed) next? Chinese Shock and Awe in the homeland. Suddenly instead of police you are controlled by Chinese Military Martial Law. Having fun yet? I think you can see I am making a parallel to the invasion of Iraq and I don't think I am too far off.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
MtnJunkie711
Lucharilla

Friends: (3)

While I agree that there is definitley an agenda and we are positively not told everything that is going on behind the scenes. I think there is a rhyme to the reason of what is going on.

Now I don't think it is all right, nor do I believe that anyone that I have heard talk about rallying this country has the solution. I think it will take a lot more than just a couple of people to fix the problems that us, and the world as a whole are going through. I wouldn't go so far as to say we need to revolt, but not enough people speak out as a whole, rather they choose to keep their opinions to themselves, feeling that their disagreement may alienate them.

KGM, I understand you're comparison, but I believe that you have generalized it far too much. These smaller countries that are just beginning their exploration into nuclear weapons/energy have expressed a deep hatred for other civilizations in the recent past. They have been at war for centuries, and when there was peace, well, there never really was peace.

Sure, you could assume that China would do that to the US if they believed their was an imminent threat, but China has known we are making nuclear weapons and have known. Same with Germany and other large power countries, they all have nuclear capabilities, but there are no threats of war and destroying those nations, because they have shown restraint and compromise with each other for years now.

I don't agree that we should go and blow up a whole country, or force our way in. But I don't think that the situations are similar or as simple as you think. I would much rather see the trade cut off and the problem solved that way, I would love to see sanction from the UN and Iran to just accept the sanction and show compromise that could lead to a future of propserity for their people. If they could show that restraint then I think that there would be a lot of ease from the other powers at be.
MtnJunkie711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
KGM
Lightweight

If we were told everything we would not agree with the course we are drug into. Remember we were promised there was yellow cake in Iraq. IMO what Bush did was equal to treason. Completely lied without a second thought. If the government and big business was actually held accountable maybe we would get somewhere.

And the US hasn't shown deep hatred for third world nations? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...ary_operations
Also does that not show the US has been in war for centuries same as the countries you talk about? What about Palestine and Israel? I understand before the end of WW2 they liked and even helped each other.
What do you know of Smedley Butler?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler
Don't think it isn't cut and dry for a reason. There is an evil agenda behind almost every invasion.

I still and will always think world involvement is a lot simpler then those who push it want to make it. Why? Because they are trying to sell you an idea it is right to go out and kill.

Btw, don't think the China idea is far fetched. One day they will be calling our loan and that could get ugly. And gone is the day when all Americans own guns, which is what the Japanese general in WW2 said as the reason he would not hit mainland America.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
MtnJunkie711
Lucharilla

Truth and I believe you're correct on a lot of the points you hit. I am not saying the idea of China threatening is far fetched, however I don't think it will be over fear of nuclear war (demanding payment of debt is a lot more realistic).

I know there is an evil agenda behind a lof of the wars that have taken place. But what I am saying is that even though there are tons of "hatred" or disagreement among nations, I don't believe the larger powers with nuclear capability are threatening its' use everytime there is a disagreement.

That isn't to say it is right to go to war with a country for a lie, I agree that false information fools everyone. But I believe that is the worry with Iran right now, is that they refuse to scale back their nuclear program to just energy capabilities, even though they "say" they won't manufacture weapons. Showing restraint now leads to some ease among everyone, and opens the door for negotiation later.

I do agree with your thoughts and opnions though, and feel that a lof of information is skewed in its presentation.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
Man, those are some serious rugged terrain out there to be hiking with a full combat load! I had another 150 lbs plus on me between the Kevlar vests, grenade launcher rounds, my M203, pack, PLUS all my MOPP gear (charcoal suits). **** that shit. My buddies and I were talking about that when we were fighting in Iraq. Iraq was completely flat with next to no vegetation aside from the fertile crescent (which was something I'll never forget!)..

I ****ing hate politics. What we see today is NOT what the founding father's had in mind IMHO. The problem with what's going on today is that we only get bits and pieces of information trickled down from the waterfall. That creates perceptions that push us away from the truth. I personally think the world is a better place without Saddam and I'm happy to have suffered and done my part (regardless of the reasons for deployment). Right now we're in a tough position IMO in that we're flat broke and the more our government thinks it's okay to just 'print more money', the lower the value of the dollar will become. This is common sense to me. As far as Iran goes, the world's better off without another nuclear threat, especially considering their views on Israel. That puts us in a bad position as we're friends with them. Even if we bomb them to oblivion, do you guys know how much each bomb costs?? The numbers are staggering.

Here's the truth as I know it. Back in the 20th century, we were the biggest superpower on Earth. That's well beyond dispute. Nowadays, there's quite a few superpowers now China, ect. There's places like Brazil that has a billion dollar surplus (not trying to be accurate here but just to put the point out there) and other places that are growing exponentially whereas we're going backwards with countries like China holding most of our debt. My point is when I keep hearing people in politics saying they'll "Restore America back to where it used to be", that's not true because of the times we're living in. We'll never be the only dominant power. We have to start playing ball with all these other countries....
Israel IS our problem. Their lobbyist lobby to our politicians to put money in their pockets and now israel's problems become our problems. Bin Laden even said the 9/11 attack was mainly due to our support of Israel. We even paid other Arab dictators (egypt for example) billions to keep peace with Israel.

Israel aren't our friends, they're just out for Israel and they knew they could buy our politicians and they have. Israel never has and never will do anything that benefits the US, all we have done is poured billions into that country yearly and got punched in the mouth (911) for it.

Iran isn't a nuclear threat, nor are they any threat to any super power. Their military is extremely outdated, do they even have an air force? In fact, I WANT everyone to have a nuclear bomb. Why? because no one Fs with anyone with nuclear power.

The only countries our pansy ass goverment messes with is third world countries that only 1/3rd of the entre country even has electricity. Bin Laden was a BAD man, but he took a militia got in the trenches wit his troops and took on Russia, a super power. There's not 1 single US politician who would even dream of fighting like that.

It just seems like a lot of great countries have fallen because the military went out of control... Nazi Germany was #1 in the world before they started invading everyone, and something similar could be said about Japan when their military decided to bomb Pearl Harbor.

We spend more on our military then the next top 20 militaries COMBINED!
!!! It's unsustainable yet, we keep hearing how we just HAVE to invade these little countries to "defend our freedom," and it seems like 50% of America is dumb enough to eat it up time and time again. I mean people actually thought that if we didn't invade Vietnam that communism would take over America in no time!! It's the same "fear" propaganda over and over again and it's just our countrymen that lose, the soldiers, the taxpayers, ec...the only people who profit are the defense contractors, the RND teams, and of course the defense lobbyist...

OK /rant for me
Old 02-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJunkie711 View Post
Truth and I believe you're correct on a lot of the points you hit. I am not saying the idea of China threatening is far fetched, however I don't think it will be over fear of nuclear war (demanding payment of debt is a lot more realistic).

I know there is an evil agenda behind a lof of the wars that have taken place. But what I am saying is that even though there are tons of "hatred" or disagreement among nations, I don't believe the larger powers with nuclear capability are threatening its' use everytime there is a disagreement.

That isn't to say it is right to go to war with a country for a lie, I agree that false information fools everyone. But I believe that is the worry with Iran right now, is that they refuse to scale back their nuclear program to just energy capabilities, even though they "say" they won't manufacture weapons. Showing restraint now leads to some ease among everyone, and opens the door for negotiation later.

I do agree with your thoughts and opnions though, and feel that a lof of information is skewed in its presentation.
I agree with what you said Mike

But, here's my question to you. You have Israel and the US that are your enemy.. Both are very powerful militaries..Why wouldn't Iran want to develop nuclear technology? What makes them not worthy of being able to defend themselves with nuclear weaponry? Just because our government says they can't or they shouldn't? Israel has already planted viruses in their computers, assainated their nuclear engineer, and I'm sure other covert operations that we don't even know about. If I were Iran I would develop nuclear bombs and point them directly at tel aviv and tell them if they even consider pissing Iran off it's getting launched...Guarantee there would be no further issues
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #10
MtnJunkie711
Lucharilla

I guess I am just somewhat of a pacificst and don't believe that any country should use the threat of nuclear warfare to get something that they want. I would much rather see some kind of agreement between hostile countries rather than threatening to blow each other up.

I know it is a thigment of my imagination to expect this to actually happen, but that is how I would prefer the world viewed these situations. I definitely don't think that any country should be denied the possibliity of nuclear energy. As a chemical engineer, I know the benefits that it provides and what I could do for any country, let alone a smaller country without many resources.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
KGM
Lightweight

btw, the US is the only country to use nukes...ON CIVILIANS. Twice.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
MtnJunkie711
Lucharilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGM View Post
btw, the US is the only country to use nukes...ON CIVILIANS. Twice.
I know this as well, I didn't say that I condoned our actions. It happened and is a part of history though, those people are still feeling the consequences of our actions.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #13
KGM
Lightweight

You do see why I posted that though right? It makes it seem extremely assigning, hypocritical and pompous for the US to claim the right to police the world on who, how, why and what for in regards to nuclear development.

It's Fred right? Oddly I usually avoid getting into these topics because it never seems to get anyone anywhere. But so far it has been very pleasant disagreeing with some and agreeing with other thoughts. I like to think I am pretty open minded with most things, although I also feel many topics I have thought through and investigated enough to feel solid in my position. I too would rather see the world get along and enjoy wearing rose coloured glasses when I can but if you look around the truth is pretty ugly. I can only change one person and I hope my actions can influence others to be good people. No I am not perfect but I do try and make the world better by being a good person.

I will agree with Ozz. Change won't just come. Most of these bad things are highly orchestrated and that is how change will have to be instilled. Too bad most in power won't agree with each other on a basic moral level.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #14
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJunkie711 View Post
I guess I am just somewhat of a pacificst and don't believe that any country should use the threat of nuclear warfare to get something that they want. I would much rather see some kind of agreement between hostile countries rather than threatening to blow each other up.

I know it is a thigment of my imagination to expect this to actually happen, but that is how I would prefer the world viewed these situations. I definitely don't think that any country should be denied the possibliity of nuclear energy. As a chemical engineer, I know the benefits that it provides and what I could do for any country, let alone a smaller country without many resources.
Agreed with you 100 right there brother, but unfortunately, the countries that don't have nuclear power or "weapons of mass destruction," are the ones that get pushed around by the ones that do. Israel can do what it wants to Palestine with no consequences, the US can do whatever it wants in the middle-east with no real opposition/consequence, etc..

It's just not that simple, but I wish
Old 02-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #15
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGM View Post
You do see why I posted that though right? It makes it seem extremely assigning, hypocritical and pompous for the US to claim the right to police the world on who, how, why and what for in regards to nuclear development.

It's Fred right? Oddly I usually avoid getting into these topics because it never seems to get anyone anywhere. But so far it has been very pleasant disagreeing with some and agreeing with other thoughts. I like to think I am pretty open minded with most things, although I also feel many topics I have thought through and investigated enough to feel solid in my position. I too would rather see the world get along and enjoy wearing rose coloured glasses when I can but if you look around the truth is pretty ugly. I can only change one person and I hope my actions can influence others to be good people. No I am not perfect but I do try and make the world better by being a good person.

I will agree with Ozz. Change won't just come. Most of these bad things are highly orchestrated and that is how change will have to be instilled. Too bad most in power won't agree with each other on a basic moral level.
Exactly, the US has no problem talking out both sides of their mouth. For example, when Iran just killed a Israeli diplomat it's called ''international terrorism," but when Israeli kills Iranian engineers/figureheads it's called "espionage."

Another example. If Al Qaeda attacks the US and kills civilians (which i don't support either), it's a terror attack, we HAVE to invade any country that harbors them (except Pakistan can harbor Bin Laden apparently), and some suggest we nuke the whole place regardless of any of their civilians...

Yet when wikileaks first came out it showed our helicopter mowing down women, children and reporters with a machine gun because one of them was a suspected insurgent...Yet the military comes back and says "the helicopterdid the right thing, it's called collateral damage." So hmmm we kill their civilians its collateral damage, they kill ours and its "international terrorism."

And we have spent hundreds of billions of dollars YEARLY so we can be the great world police that we have been!!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #16
KGM
Lightweight

Well said Joe.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #17
Darkhorse
Distance Trainer

All I have to say is that if we really want to dig ourselves out of debt, we should stop handing out billions to these places..

EDIT: That's Lin-sane.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #18
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

and the only candidate who has said we cut all foreign aid and end the wars based on false evidence and fear is Ron Paul... He is the only person who's gettingmy vote...he'll get it twice if he wins the primary *CROSSES FINGERS*
Old 02-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #19
Darkhorse
Distance Trainer

I like him overall out of the bunch, but he took a MAJOR hit in Maine when he didn't win after how much focus he put into that state. Now Santorum appears to be the next in line in the limelight after Newt crashed and burned LOL!

Old 02-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #20
KGM
Lightweight

Does Ron Paul want to end the Federal Reserve?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #21
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

Mike - yes

Dan -- Yea Santorum is going to get killed. His whole stick is all about being religious which will work on the hillbilly states but the swing states and Dem states are going to blow him out of the water...Ugh..HOnestly I rather have Obama than Mitt and I'm a repub
Old 02-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #22
Darkhorse
Distance Trainer

That's some strong words my friend! Another 4 years?! Did you see his budget proposal fresh off the presses? W-O-W. I'm at the point to where I don't even debate w/ some of my wife's family anymore. They all keep saying it was Bush's fault, yes, 4 years later.. ****ing pathetic. But hey, as long as more people continue thinking like Samuel L. Jackson and just vote based on color, everything will work out just fine. Gotta give him props for being honest.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #23
fitzy21
Lightweight

I feel as if I'm in Wonka land when watching the republican debates or listening to some of the nonsense from Obama and his supporters. I read through some of the news on the budget proposal at work while browsing bloomberg terminal...actually pretty happy to turn back to my work instead haha.

I agree with my buddies who are down with targeted spec op type missions rather than a full scale boots on the ground war with Iran or wherever if it comes down to it.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #24
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

i wouldn't be down with that. It wouldn't accomplish anything and Israel is alredy doing targeted special ops. They have killed strategic players in their nuclear program. Though unlike Afghanistan and Iraq I believe Iran is a bit more powerful so it may absolutely escalate to something much bigger...and i absolutely don't want to get the idiots in the military/government/defense a reason to make it an all out trillion dollar war at our expense.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #25
MtnJunkie711
Lucharilla

Well at least we all seem to agree that the US needs to stop policing the world. I totally am on board with focusing on our home front for once, because we have enough trouble going on here. If the goverment put half the amount of time they put into waging wars with other countries, a lot of nagging issues could be worked out here in the US.

I don't see the point in the US getting involved in another war. If someone has a problem with the issues in the east it should be a joint effort, and for once the US shouldn't go leading the charge, it isn't necessary. I also don't agree that the US should be policing on nuclear policies either, I think it should be a joint effort. But the UN needs to get its head on straight as well, like not walking out on diplomatic leaders when they are trying to speak because you have a problem with them. That doesn't solve anything.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #26
Kryptic
It's on my "Unimportant Things to-do" List.

Friends: (19)
Referrals: 5

I'll just put this here...

Old 02-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
KGM
Lightweight

lol. Ignorance IS bliss. Don't piss on my happiness.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #28
eccy
Team Lucharilla

Friends: (1)

In regards to utilizing spec ops and who ever believes it cant work... if it would work in Iran or not I have no idea but it has worked quite effectively elsewhere but also under different circumstances then Iran would be.

We've quietly been doing it in the Philippines since 2001. Train and support the local military and let them win there own "war on terror". To date we've had less then 20 US casualties (11 I want to say but not 100%). And you really can't even compare spending for less than 1000 personnel here to the ungodly amounts of money dumped in Iraq/Afghan. So can the spec ops thing work yes but circumstances may very well limit how its implemented and how effective it is.

Just a link with some info about whats going on here. Few years old but most dont even know were here. I tell people I'm deployed here and they always ask if I meant stationed haha.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39444744...e-philippines/
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/02...iref=allsearch
eccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #29
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccy View Post
In regards to utilizing spec ops and who ever believes it cant work... if it would work in Iran or not I have no idea but it has worked quite effectively elsewhere but also under different circumstances then Iran would be.

We've quietly been doing it in the Philippines since 2001. Train and support the local military and let them win there own "war on terror". To date we've had less then 20 US casualties (11 I want to say but not 100%). And you really can't even compare spending for less than 1000 personnel here to the ungodly amounts of money dumped in Iraq/Afghan. So can the spec ops thing work yes but circumstances may very well limit how its implemented and how effective it is.

Just a link with some info about whats going on here. Few years old but most dont even know were here. I tell people I'm deployed here and they always ask if I meant stationed haha.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39444744...e-philippines/
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/02...iref=allsearch
kryptic i had to LOL at that photo , it's great. you know what he says so much shit that just makes total sense and the media/other candidates just scoff as if he has a lobster crawling out of his ear... THere's just to much truth to that post

eccy - Your'e right in that sense as far as money and casualties are concerned it would be cheaper...But I don't think that's what the military wants. The defense contracts, the reserach and development, etc all want wars and big budgets. For example, one of our plane manufacturers has plants in 43 states. Now if a politician wants to cut spending for a plane that we don't need then theres an ad coming out calling out each congressmen that is in favor of "cutting US jobs." Defending our freedom or holding us hostage... I think the military is just a big business, defense companies have spent lots of money lobbying just like big pharm/oil... Special ops here and there would be nice, but hard to keep a 700B yearly budget going if that's all you need.

I already think there are special ops going on in Iran anyway as they have had nuclear scientists killed as I have mentioned earlier on...But again, it only benefits Israel, and quite frankly who really gives a shit about israel and their holy war with the muslims? IMO, the politicians who get a piece of the 4B we give Israel the year, and the strong Jewish influence here... so we have a f-ed up foreign policy to benefit the jews who are about 10% of our pop..

The funniest thing is when the miltary tries to make it sound like Iran is ohhh so close to creating a missle that can reach the US...kinda like North Korea ....except they forgot to mention it would take 72 hours to setup and we could wipe it off the map before it would get close to launching...or when Herman Cain said China was a threat because they were trying to develop nuclear capabilities (Hey welcome to 1960 u jackass lol!!)
Old 02-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #30
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

http://defense.aol.com/2012/02/15/do...est=latestnews

550 million dollar bomber planes.... anyone wonder why we are in debt? Because of our "defense" needs to bomb a couple of sheep herders suspected of wanting to blow up the US.....55 billion dollars all wasted on an airplane...

Honestly, I'm so mad, I hope Iran fast tracks it's nuclear program and their own air defense and shoots down all of our stupid drones and 55 billion dollar airplaes ... It's either that or watch this country go bankrupt because of it and I rather see the former

Last edited by JoeD; 02-17-2012 at 05:23 PM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #31
Kryptic
It's on my "Unimportant Things to-do" List.

Friends: (19)
Referrals: 5

If the American people are too busy either cheering on our military or complaining about the war, they will be too busy to see how badly we are getting fleeced in our own boarders ... by our own elected officials.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #32
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

i probably shouldnt be reading this stuff , it gets me too fired up and i lose my tranqility. but holy crap we are 14 T in debt and we are going to spend .5 T on stealth bombers. My jaw literally dropped when I read this today
Old 03-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #33
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

The genius from our military just doesn't stop.... As they continue to threaten Iran the price of oil keeps going up and up WHICH BENEFITS IRAN, and SENDS OUR GAS PRICES SKY ROCKETING!!!!! All because we want to be in Israel's corner, a country of 4 million people. So they are making Iran richer, and the US poorer, ALL at the same time.. The purpose of the military is to DEFEND the citizens and it hasn't done that since World War II.

If we go to war with Iran, watch gas prices go to 5 dollars a gallon all because of Israel... Again, a country of 4 million hurting a country of 600 million... This is another eason why the GOP has NO SHOT AT ALL of winning the election, all these morons want war (except Ron paul).
Old 03-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #34
eccy
Team Lucharilla

JoeD,
Not 100% on this one but didn't we boycott all Iranian products a few years back? I would assume that included oil as well. Any knowledge on this?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #35
JoeD
Light Heavyweight

I believe we did put sanctions on Iran I believe England and France just did...But again, Iran just laughed and said "OK fine, we'll sell the oil to China/India." So again, all it did was shoot up Europe already high gas prices .. The hilarious part about it was England and France said they were going to put sanctions on Iran in July Iran said OK, we'll just cut you off from oil NOW.

DId anyone hear McCain speak the other day? He wants to bomb Syria... He wanted to go to war with Iran, Syria, Libya Iraq AND Afghanistan in the past 10 years. To me, he's just as much as a terrorist than any al qaeda member.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #36
eccy
Team Lucharilla

Anyone see the endless posts about the Sudan stuff all over facebook? People watch a single video think "oh gee thats a bad guy we should do something".... funny that no ones noticed or said a peep for the PAST 30 YEARS WHILE HES BEEN DOING IT!!!! The average Americans cluelessness with regards to the international world astounds me.... Wish Ron Paul would win...
Old 03-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #37
KGM
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
I believe we did put sanctions on Iran I believe England and France just did...But again, Iran just laughed and said "OK fine, we'll sell the oil to China/India." So again, all it did was shoot up Europe already high gas prices .. The hilarious part about it was England and France said they were going to put sanctions on Iran in July Iran said OK, we'll just cut you off from oil NOW.

DId anyone hear McCain speak the other day? He wants to bomb Syria... He wanted to go to war with Iran, Syria, Libya Iraq AND Afghanistan in the past 10 years. To me, he's just as much as a terrorist than any al qaeda member.
Great post Joe. The end is getting nearer and nearer every day. So Syria and Iran are the (obv) next targets. I wonder how long and what kind of false info they will use to justify killing off those (innocent) people.