Become a Clutch Fitness member, Register today!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Nutrition & Health Dieting strategies, programs, and all things metabolic

Old 03-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Satch
Heavyweight

Friends: (6)
Referrals: 0
Default Warrior Diet

Been doing this diet for 2 months now. Maybe a bit less. I've gone from 198 to 188 in that time. I've also only gone up on my numbers in the gym. I try and train right before my feast is the whole day is open but I have also trained first thing in the am and feasted at 6pm. I have two underfeed meals and drink coffee or tea throughout the day. I work as a firefighter/paramedic which is sometimes a very tough and physically demanding job and have never felt gassed at any hour of the day. I don't count calories or completely stick to the diet everyday. Sometimes at the station we are all over the place with meals and eating times.

All I can say is this is BY far the most versatile diet I have ever done and seen results from.

"Eat more beef if ya need more ass" Capt. Larry Gray
Satch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Ozz
Detroit Muscle

Friends: (24)
Referrals: 11

Put up some cliff notes of the program
Ozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Satch
Heavyweight

Eat 2 underfeeding meals (less than 300 calories P+F) during the day and eat a large meal with the family at night (Over 1000 cals P+C+F)

It's as easy as that. Eat around 10, 2 and then dinner with the family at 6 or 7.

Train whenever you want. I want to believe training right before your feast at night is most productive although I've seen people train at all times.

It really is that easy and simple.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
Satch
Heavyweight

Last night I ate Italian wedding soup in a sourdough bread bowl a 14 oz New York Strip w/ sauteed mushrooms and onions in bacon and butter 6 oz pasta (dry weight) with red sauce small greens salad light yogurt 20 oz coconut water 1 small Hass avocado

I've seen guys eat between 1000 and 2500 cals for dinner.

Last edited by Satch; 03-22-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:50 AM   #5
metalmessiah
Light Heavyweight

Friends: (4)

Sounds interesting. Are you at least counting protein grams or anything like that?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:49 AM   #6
Satch
Heavyweight

Subconsciously I do. I don't plan for certain amounts but I always end up eating around a pound of meat in my feast meal and somewhere between 25 and 50 grams in my underfeed meals.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
bigcat801
Lightweight

Are you doing any shakes at any point including your post workout shake and how much protein in each shake? Sounds good for a maintenance diet which for a firefighter you don't want to be too bulky right?
Old 03-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #8
Satch
Heavyweight

I do a Peri/PWO shake with 20grams of BCAA 5g of creatine and 1g of ALCAR 60g of gatorade powder. I'm happy with staying as lean as possible under 200 pounds.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #9
hayabusa3
Light Heavyweight

How'd I miss this? lol! Well, how's it goin for ya?
hayabusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
Satch
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa3 View Post
How'd I miss this? lol! Well, how's it goin for ya?
I absolutely love it. I read the book and applied it. Didn't over think anything. It's been a learning experience for sure. I'm stronger, more alert, more satisfied, leaner, and sexier. lol

I spend less money on food, am less stressed out about food choices and bringing stuff to work. The only thing I TRUELY have to worry about is getting in dinner. Some days I wont eat until 5pm. I've trained fasted and fed. I'm more energetic fasted.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
hayabusa3
Light Heavyweight

I'm a little concerned about loosing too much weight - I went to Wallyworld last night to buy a cheep digital scale but all they had there was one for 35 bones so I passed. I had a huge lump of steak and a large helping of rice with brocolli... it wasa large meal but not HUGE, I actually not sure if I can fit a huge meal into me..are you getting xtra BCAA's in? How long are you planning on continuing?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
hayabusa3
Light Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satch View Post
Some days I wont eat until 5pm..
As in Zilch? And are you referring to IA's fat loss book?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #13
Satch
Heavyweight

Quote:
I'm a little concerned about loosing too much weight - I went to Wallyworld last night to buy a cheep digital scale but all they had there was one for 35 bones so I passed. I had a huge lump of steak and a large helping of rice with brocolli... it wasa large meal but not HUGE, I actually not sure if I can fit a huge meal into me..are you getting xtra BCAA's in? How long are you planning on continuing?
I haven't lost an ounce of muscle. Strength is up every week. I've lost 10 pounds in 4 months on the WD. Down to 190. Gained an inch on arms in that time period and lost 3 off my waist. I do periworkout nutrition with bcaa and some carbs sometimes not often.

An average dinner meal for me is 1500 cals. a lb of meat 100-200g of carbs and 30-60g of fat depending on the day. Obviously more cals on lifting days. That is a lightweight meal too. A few of my friends (real friends not internet friends) are doing this diet and are seeing results. My dad is too and he doesn't even workout. I plan on doing this for a while. It's a very easily sustainable diet. Intermittent fasting has tons of health benefits. SO it is a lifestyle. I no longer have indigestion from eating all the time. also.

Quote:
As in Zilch? And are you referring to IA's fat loss book?
Yes no cals. at all. I'm referring to the original book by Ori Hofmekler. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by Satch; 04-19-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #14
hayabusa3
Light Heavyweight

Nice, I'm excited about seeing my abs again and wearing my old levis lol! I'm still fiddling with IA's book - I might check out ORI's also. Thanks for throwing up your dinner macro's - I've got the wife out for a bag of sweet potatoes as we speak
Old 04-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #15
hayabusa3
Light Heavyweight

I have a tendency to fail to search before I ask... and you seem to have the opposite approach (I've been reading that other thread) - did you come across milk being mentioned as a caesin? I only have whey and the wife will flip if I buy another tub of crap to clog up the kitchen and was wondering if I could just use whey and milk...
Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #16
Satch
Heavyweight

I have never had two different types of protein powder that I used separately at different times of the day. I think it's makes something that you are trying to simplify more complicated. Whey is fine. If you are feeling froggy and feel the need to have casein, get some greek yogurt. Probably a lot more healthy for you than dehydrated junk without the probiotics or live bacteria cultures.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #17
metalmessiah
Light Heavyweight

Mmmm...live bacteria cultures
Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #18
Fireproof
The Chief

Friends: (64)
Referrals: 36

I sort of turned my Intermittent Fasting into the "warrior diet" which helped me to keep from gaining too much weight as I was pigging out on Tex Mex for dinner with friends or family.

Basically - no breakfast, light lunch, and then whatever I wanted at dinner. Kept my overall calories a lot lower than if I had eaten breakfast and then had a normal lunch.

Current Phase: De-fatting
Training and Diet Secrets!
Fireproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #19
Ozz
Detroit Muscle

Friends: (24)
Referrals: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireproof View Post
I sort of turned my Intermittent Fasting into the "warrior diet" which helped me to keep from gaining too much weight as I was pigging out on Tex Mex for dinner with friends or family.

Basically - no breakfast, light lunch, and then whatever I wanted at dinner. Kept my overall calories a lot lower than if I had eaten breakfast and then had a normal lunch.
And how'd that work out? I know you said you kinda let yourself go over winter, but was it a lack of exercise or too much Chuy's?
Ozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #20
Fireproof
The Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
And how'd that work out? I know you said you kinda let yourself go over winter, but was it a lack of exercise or too much Chuy's?

LOL. I tell ya what - if it weren't for that, I think I'd be 15 pounds heavier! But I think it was a combo of both - too much Chuy's AND lack of exercise.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #21
scull
Lightweight

Friends: (0)

Great modified version of the WD on Elite FTS that is a bit more conducive for heavy training individuals. I pretty much followed this during my last deployment to Iraq earlier this year and it worked out great.

http://articles.elitefts.com/article...-warrior-diet/
scull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #22
Darkhorse
Distance Trainer

Friends: (46)
Referrals: 17

The author Mike, a friend, basically repackaged a lot of what Wesley's ideas were pertaining to this diet. If you really want to learn a ton about that diet from Elitefts, I would buy Wesley's book - HERE

For all training inquiries PM me.
Darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:17 AM   #23
smithjojo

Friends: (0)

HELLO.....
Thanks for sharing all this information its really helpful for me ones again thanks..!!!!
smithjojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #24
Double3
Lucharilla

Friends: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
The author Mike, a friend, basically repackaged a lot of what Wesley's ideas were pertaining to this diet.
Yep.

This is a great way to eat and makes you realize that it is not necessary to over think.

I've been doing it for almost 2 years and plan to continue forever.

What Satch was saying earlier in thread is spot on. I know we had discussed this whole thing in detail in a large thread over at ironaddicts. you are not gonna find much better info than you can in that thread.

I've pretty much quit worrying about the small stuff. I don't use protien powder anymore...actually don't use any supplements. It can help to have protien powder and BCAAs IMO. I'm just not worried about all that anymore. Besides it is expensive.
Double3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #25
Fireproof
The Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by scull View Post
Great modified version of the WD on Elite FTS that is a bit more conducive for heavy training individuals. I pretty much followed this during my last deployment to Iraq earlier this year and it worked out great.

http://articles.elitefts.com/article...-warrior-diet/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
The author Mike, a friend, basically repackaged a lot of what Wesley's ideas were pertaining to this diet. If you really want to learn a ton about that diet from Elitefts, I would buy Wesley's book - HERE
Cool! May have to take a look.